*This post may include affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclosure here.
This white chocolate peppermint bark recipe is easy to make and perfect for homemade holiday gifts! There’s no baking required and it only takes a few minutes to make. With flavors of white chocolate and peppermint, this holiday treat is one of our favorites to make every year!
What is Peppermint Bark?
Peppermint bark is a festive white chocolate candy flavored with candy canes and peppermint extract. The chocolate is broken into large pieces or cut into squares.
How do you make White Chocolate Peppermint Bark?
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this recipe.
Kitchen Tools and Equipment
- Food processor, for crushing candy canes (optional)
- Cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Toothpick or chopstick for swirling the food coloring
- White chocolate chips (I like to use Ghiradelli)
- Candy canes
- Peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
Start by crushing a few candy canes using a food processor. Alternatively, you can place the candy canes in a resealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Set aside.
Next, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Stir until smooth. Microwave another 30 seconds if needed and stir again. Then add the peppermint extract. Mix well.
Spread the melted white chocolate with a spatula on a baking sheet lined with foil. Then add a few drops of red food coloring.
Swirl the red food coloring with a toothpick, chopstick or knife.
Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or until set. Then break the chocolate into pieces and store in an airtight container.
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe Variations
If you’re not a fan of white chocolate, you can make this recipe using milk chocolate chips, or any kind of chocolate chips you like. You can also leave out the food coloring if you prefer.
Easy White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 3-4 candy canes
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- red food coloring
- Crush the candy canes using a food processor, or place them in a ziploc bag and gently crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a large bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds. Stir them and microwave another 30 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth, then add the peppermint extract.
- Spread the melted white chocolate on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Place a few drops of red food coloring in a few spots over the melted chocolate. Swirl the drops of food coloring using a toothpick or a chopstick.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Break the peppermint bark into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Will you be making this White Chocolate Peppermint Bark this holiday season? Let me know in the comments!